Friday, February 13, 2009

CNA...


On January 12th, the day after TJ and I arrived back to Florida I started a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) program. It was six weeks long, so I have just finished it. I am doing the Patient Care Technician (PCT) program though, so the next class will be advanced nursing program, which is six weeks, and then the last class will be EKG and Phlebotomy, the whole program is 18 weeks, I am 6 weeks down, 12 to go. My main purpose in doing this is to get some medical training, knowledge and experience to assist TJ and I on the mission field, so after I am done with this program, I hope to get a job somewhere to put this training into practice.
I have to be honest, I didn't really like the CNA class that much, because it was all about taking care of the elderly, and how to do it JUST RIGHT! :)... but it was humbling, we did have to do clinicals so we spent days in hospitals, long term living facilities, and rehab. But am trusting God that this is where He has me right now, and he knows how he is going to use it.

School is Monday through Thursday 8-2, so after that I drive about 2 minutes to work at a Christian DayCare and that is from 2-5:30, so it works out well, and also helps with some expenses.

No comments: