Thursday, February 3, 2011

Ava and Lasagna (don't worry their not combined) ;)

Today Ava seems to be feeling better, as you see she is here playing on the floor... Yesterday, she required all my attention, this would have been impossible!  And today she is actually drinking her "herbs for kids" ... yay for getting better.

LASAGNA:
As for our dinner last night, it was DELICIOUS!!!  Some of you will look down on me for what I'm about to say, but I'm not telling you to impress you... well maybe I am, but not to impress those of you who will not be impressed... anyway
I made Lasagna with ground pork sausage (just a little bit for flavor) and ground turkey, which TJ DIDN'T even notice, for those of you who don't know it's much healthier than beef!  And if you don't even notice, why waste your body on unnecessary things?!  (unless it's delicious [eclairs] and you just don't care, but that's not the point I'm making here!)  
I also used whole wheat noodles, and it was hardly noticeable.  Also I followed the recipe on the back (sort of), and it was great.  Instead of just putting ricotta cheese, you mix in eggs, parsley, mozzarella, Parmesan, and garlic salt in with the ricotta, which makes for a much tastier lasagna.  I usually use a jar of spaghetti sauce, but then I always add fried onions, garlic, mushrooms, more Italian seasonings, and of coarse a little bit of brown sugar, and extra water so I don't have to cook the noodles before hand (learned that from my mom, thank you mom!).
Need I say more. Yes
Thank you for listening (or in this case reading) to my nonsense.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you are welcome, Lily! i love you so much!!!