Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Life

So.... things that have been going on with me.  My baby is getting bigger, she crawls but doesn't walk, so therefore I pick her up a lot... and she's HEAVY!  My back has been giving me problems, it sort of feels like a rib is out in the upper left hand side of my back.  It starts spasming, and creating huge knots, which then makes it a bit difficult to operate in every day life.  Yesterday I went to my appointment with our Rolfing friend who worked on me for 2 1/2 hours... it's pretty intense stuff.  She really needs all the emotional aspects of what's going on in my life to know exactly what's going on in my body, so by the time I leave I feel like I've had a counseling session as well. We went to some friend's house, used their sauna, ate a healthy dinner, and visited for a while.  I was feeling pretty wiped out and sore when we got home.  I woke up at 4:30 this morning with a bad head ache, took Excedrin which didn't really work, and after complaining a little bit my amazing husband rubbed my head for a little while.  With my headache hanging on I couldn't really go to sleep, so I began to pray for people.  I think God is teaching my how to pray more, I have felt more of a burden lately... and for specific people, so... all their names are written down, and I don't pray for them often enough, so I felt like God was providing me with a time to do that... in the middle of the night???  Really?  I couldn't do anything but roll with it.  He continued to bring people to my mind, it was actually quite refreshing talking to God for that hour and a half.  There is a certain someone that I feel a burden to share the gospel with, I have been kind of ignoring it, the more I try to suppress it the stronger the feeling is to talk with him about his spiritual condition.  I am realizing that I just need to trust God with this one, If he is specifically asking me to share my faith with this person, he must be working on them... or something I don't know, but I know I need to obey the Lord... HE has power over all things... Wow! If I think about it like that, this should be pretty easy huh?  Why is it so hard for us to share our faith?  What are we afraid of?  This is a life or death issue... For EVERYONE!  I don't want to just spout out the gospel to everyone I come in contact with, nonchalantly like it's some light and fun story, the gospel has weight, it is a strong message and demands reverence, it is something to be taken very seriously, I don't know if that makes sense.  It's an important message, I believe we need to be transparent and share that with our neighbors (I am guilty of not doing this).  It's our responsibility to share the gospel, it's also our responsibility to be good stewards of the gospel.  So anyway, if you think of it pray for this person, and for me, for courage and boldness not to be afraid to share my faith, the thing is it's not even about me, it about what Christ has done for me, and in me, He is the reason to live.
 1 Corinthians 15:1-4
"Now, brothers, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand.  By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you.  Otherwise, you have believed in vain.  For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures"
John 3:16-21
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.  For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.  Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.  This is the verdict:  Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil.  Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed.  But whoever lives by the truth comes into he light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God"

No comments: