Friday, May 30, 2008

Last Day at Amangwe Village

Today was my last day at Amangwe. This morning the Amangwe village staff, and all the children came together for a "meeting", well then they all started singing Happy Birthday to me, so I felt special, and they had gifts, and things for me saying Happy Birthday, and thanking me for coming. They gave me an African basket, and the shirt that I am wearing in this picture, so I felt loved but at the same time I was sad because I knew that today was the last day I would be there. It was hard saying goodbye to the ladies I work with every Friday, by now we have built a lasting relationship. And after going through the Story of Hope with Buyi, we can confidently and excitedly say to each other that we will see each other in Heaven... :)
So these were my goodbye for today.

No comments: