Tuesday, May 17, 2011

kitchen Fun!


Sushi making's (and my cute baby of course)
First time making Sushi in my own house!

TJ and I were hanging out at the beach last Friday, and on the way home we decided we wanted to make Sushi, so we got some sushi grade tuna, and everything else we needed to make some delicious Sushi.  We were a little sloppy, and could use some tutoring in this area, but it was fun, and yummy. 












gross!



















Hopefully our mad sushi making skills will improve with time


Ava eating her sushi (a rice rusk)

sitting down to some sloppy made delicious sushi after a day at the beach


dark chocolate short cakes













Sunday afternoon I had the urge to make some dark chocolate strawberry short cake with amaretto cream... because I'm a chocolate lover and would much rather have chocolate, than lame ol' normal short cake (I may later get smacked for that comment), and a gourmet cream, because I'm just that way.  When making the recipe for the short cakes I followed it exactly except for the sugar, I used coconut palm sugar, in place of white sugar, in an attempt to be slightly more healthy... Oh!  And I did half whole wheat.
 As far as the cream goes, you don't have to mix all the ingredients separately, trust me on this one (I do this with eclairs as well)  First stir together milk and pudding, then throw in the rest of the ingredients, and whip it till it's... well... WHIPPED! (It does takes a few minutes to whip all the way)  And there you have it, also I think you may need more than 4 cups of strawberries, but that's just my opinion, because I like lots of strawberries.   

Also, Ava was 11 months on Saturday, and I forgot to take a picture, but we only have one more month until her birthday, so I'm kind of excited about that. 

All baked... yum!

cream ingredients~pudding, amaretto, cream, milk, cream cheese














Finished product (And yes we did eat this for dinner w/ delicious coffee :)

It may not be pretty, but it was definitely tasty!

No comments: